WHAT WE DO
Financial support and/or manpower are our tools. Although our projects and goals may vary from year to year depending on need, here is the “short list” of how we help good things happen in Wilmington.
- Vision and Hearing assistance to those in need
- Two scholarships given annually to Wilmington High School students.
- Annual donations to Kuzma Cottage and the Christian Care Association
- Renovation work done by our talented members to City and Park District facilities.
- Support of Trinity Services and our local nursing home through gifts at Christmas and our ever popular “BINGO” with the Embassy residents.
- Sponsorship of Boy Scout Troop 440 and assistance and encouragement with the boy’s Eagle Projects
- Development and maintenance of the landscaping at the “fountain”.
- We maintain an inventory of home health equipment for any Wilmington resident to use free of charge (wheelchairs, hospital beds, bathroom aids.)
- We maintain the Wilmington Adult Civic Center. These facilities are available for use by any Wilmington Resident.
- We send a child to Lion Camp each summer. This camp is specially designed for our physically challenged children.